Our most valuable asset in today’s age (let alone being a parent) is time & sleep! Give the gift of rest this Mother’s Day with Faithful To Nature!
I for one, struggle to sleep! My mind just won’t switch off as I annoyingly grab my earplugs to block out the plethora of snoring coming from the men in my house. But, I have found an immense difference in the ability to fall asleep by adding in a transitional bedtime routine, before jumping into bed.
Here are a few of my favorite sleep tips:
- Take a magnesium supplement. Magnesium helps to relax muscles and calms nerves & anxiety.
- Avoid screen time in the evenings. The blue light, of which we need in the morning, should however be eliminated in the evenings as it keeps our brains alert. If you need to work in the evenings, install f.lux to your computer which eliminates the blue light from your screen. (Here’s a great podcast on caffeine and screen time curfews, plus more on achieving restful sleep.)
- Unwind with a mindful beauty routine.
I love the Victorian Garden rosemary & lavender cleansing milk for its relaxing lavender scent and gentle yet effective cleansing power. To add powerful benefits to a simple beauty routine, bring your attention to what you are doing instead of getting caught up in your day, indulge in a facial massage and add in a drop of lavender essential oil to intensify those anti-anxiety and relaxing properties.
(Lifestyle pics via here)
After cleansing and moisturising, use a relaxing body balm like the Lulu & Marula Calming Body Balm and give your body an evening massage using firm strokes upwards from your ankles up. Lastly, cup your hands over your face and take a few slow, deep breathes in and out, inhaling the relaxing properties. Simply slowing ones breathe down, will also calm any anxiety and busy thoughts from the day.
Rub a little lavender oil under your feet too!
- Take a bath or shower and wash away the day – Faithful To Nature has a fantastic selection of aromatherapy and body products that are great on the mind and gentle on the skin.
- Change into a lovely soft pair of Pjs. When you change into pyjamas (verses just being lazy and jumping into bed in your tracky pants that you just did your chores in), it alerts your brain that it is now time to sleep. I love sleeping in Boody Bamboo Eco wear. Ok not quite Pj’s, but I use their leggings and vests as Pj’s just because they’re so incredibly soft and comfy.
- Meditate / read a book / colour in
- Practice a bedtime yoga routine. Check out Faithful To Nature for your yoga essentials and check out Pinterest for a routine to suit you!
- Charge your phone in another room. Eliminate that anxiety-causing temptation!
- Keep a notebook next to your bed incase any thoughts come up you want to remember for the next day
- Set the scene – a messy, cluttered room only adds to one’s mental frenzy.
(Image via here)
- Give thanks! Think of 3 /6 / 10 / as many as you like – things that you’re grateful for, that happened that day/week/month. It’s been proven that practicing the art of gratitude elevates ones happiness and when we focus on an abundance mindset, it can only manifest and grow happiness in your life. And why not go to bed, happy!
COMPETITION NOW CLOSED: Congrats MICHELLE RAYMOND XX
Win a R1000 Faithful To Nature Voucher for you or your mom. Spoil!
Simply share this competition via one of my social share buttons and tell me in the comments section where you’ve shared it!
Browse Faithful To Nature and tell me which product/s you’d like to try out if you won!
Winner announced Wed 10 May / open to South Africa only / Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash / winner has 30 days to claim prize / winner will be announced back here.