Parties to plan? Beat the heat with a refreshing Gin & Tonic! Thanks to Port2Port, you can now get your hands on the finest gin in town! Here are 3 refreshing recipe’s to kick start your New Years Party!
Gin Gin Mule:
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4-5 mint sprigs
- 1½ oz. gin
- ginger beer
- To a glass add lime juice and mint. Lightly muddle.
- Add gin and a handful of ice.
- Top with ginger beer and gently stir to combine
Blackberry & Meyer Lemon Gin & Tonics:
20 fresh mint leaves
2 Meyer lemons (can sub. regular lemons)
1/4 cup simple syrup
12 ounces good quality gin
1. Set out four high ball glasses.
2. Place 3 blackberries, 5 mint leaves, juice of ½ lemon, and 1 tablespoon simple syrup in each glass and muddle together.
3. Fill each glass with ice, followed by 3 ounces of gin. Top off each drink with tonic water, stir and serve.
Cucumber-Rosemary Gin & Tonic:
Makes 1 serving
Skill Level: Novice
• 1 cucumber
• 1 lime
• Sprigs of rosemary
• 2 oz. Hendrick’s Gin
• 4 oz. tonic water (Fever-Tree)
Peel and cut the cucumber into thin slices; zest the lime and slice into eight wedges. Place three cucumber slices in your glass and combine with 1 ounce of gin and the juice squeezed from one lime wedge; muddle together to release flavors. Add several cubes of ice and top it off with remaining gin and tonic water. If you prefer a less-sweet cocktail, go easy on the tonic water and use soda water, instead. Garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary. Voilà!